Badminton movement techniques
Movement skills are one of the most important basic techniques in this badminton. When moving, badminton players need to combine the steps rigidly.
If not moved correctly, the techniques of hitting will be greatly affected. In a competition, if the player cannot move quickly and accurately, the tactic will lose its sharpness and intimidation with the opponent.
Therefore, we need to study and master the moves in badminton to be able to play badminton better.
Badminton movement is divided into 3 main ways, applied in both singles and doubles (men’s doubles, women’s doubles, men’s doubles).
How to move single steps in badminton?
A single move is when the move only changes one foot and the other foot remains firm. This technique is applied much in the case of hitting the right, left, shot when the opponent’s head falls near him. It can be said that single-step movement is the most effective defensive movement technique, when the opponent has a sharp shot near you.
Preparing posture when moving single steps
- 2 feet outstretched shoulder width
- 2 kneeling, center of gravity lowered
- Slightly leaning forward, eyes looking straight, hands in front.
From this position, we have two main types of movement: moving horizontally and moving backwards
Move single step in horizontal position (left, right)
- Right / left heel as pillar, turn toe to right / left, create an angle of about 130 to 135 degrees.
- Step right / left step after about 50 to 80 cm, the right to left foot with a line extending from the right heel parallel to the direction of the game. The hind feet are created with the angle of hitting at 45 degrees.
- The focus is on the right / left foot, the person twists to the right / left, the whole body is in the shooting position.
Move single step in backward posture
When you notice the point of the bridge at the foot or at the base tròn the back circle, if on the right, use the left half of the foot as the pole and vice versa. Right foot takes one step back and then coordinates with the right hitting technique.
Then step on the right foot and step back to the starting position. With the left leg, the opposite.
Practice moving multiple steps in badminton
A multi-step or multi-step movement in badminton is a movement that changes the position of two feet and usually from two or more steps. This movement is used very often and has a direct effect on the performance of hand movements as well as other types of tactics.
This is a diverse technique, used to counter the demand curve far from standing. This is a basic defense and attack method, indispensable in the process of training and playing badminton.
The technique of multi-step movement in badminton includes two main types: moving horizontally and moving backwards and forwards.
Move multiple steps in a horizontal position
- Stand in the middle of the field (on the center line)
- If moving to the right, the player kicked his left foot hard and turned 90 degrees to the right, his left foot stepped forward, the focus lowered, his knees were low.
- Next step right foot left foot and so on to the last step is the left foot touch the edge of the right edge.
- The focus is on the left leg, the left knee is heavily bent, the body twists to the right in a right-footed position.
- The last step is to move the tennis player forward, then step on your left foot to push yourself over 180 degrees to continue moving in the opposite direction.
Move backward and forward
Moving back and forth is the implementation of steps to move theer body moving backwards or forwards to play.
- Preparing posture
- 2 legs alternately run backwards or forward
- Finish the last step is right or left.
Move hops in badminton
The technique of moving hops in badminton consists of three main types: jump forward, jump with jump and jump high, block the bridge.
Move the jump forward
- From the prepared position
- Using the explosive power of the foot, turn forward on the direction of movement.
- Forelegs with long strides (usually the forwards will be with the hand to hit the ball). At this time the body will fly up a bit.
- When it hits the ground, the foreleg is bent; focus on the front foot.
- The person and the handle stretches forward in the direction of the game.
- Stomping on the front foot pushes the person back to basic preparation position.
Move the jump with stepping
This move is similar to the way forward, the difference here is that in this technique there is a phase of turning and flying.
When performing these moves, first use the strength of the 2 legs and bounce high towards the move and send your body flying in the air.
Then, quickly use one foot to contact the ground, continue to use the foot to touch the ground sharply, according to the previous inertia, bringing the body to fly faster toward the moving incense.
The other foot with the new foot touches the ground and extends forward, when in contact with the ground, it is the same as moving and jumping forward, quickly step on the front foot and turn the body back to the basic preparation position.
Move the jump to the top or block the bridge
This technique is most commonly used in attack, allowing the player to capture the height of the flight path and hit the ball faster, the point of the grid closer.
This is done as follows:
Stand in a prepared position, using the explosive power of your feet to kick your body up high.
When you feel that the person is at the highest point, make a stroke and fall.
The first leg that touches the ground is the opposite leg with the racket handle. The other foot continues down and quickly returns to its basic preparation position.
The bottom lines
The above are the basic techniques in the move method. Practitioners should practice regularly to be able to play better badminton. In addition, to become a professional player, players must also practice other basic and advanced badminton playing techniques such as badminton mites, badminton articles, doubles coordination, badminton support techniques , badminton racket technique,…
Don’t forget: the skills important, but you also need good badminton gears from good badminton equipment brands, personally I like Yonex, you can see the list of best Yonex badminton rackets review for deciding which to buy (personally, I like the reviews from this blog)
For more badminton brands, see: